Online Live Event – 3 & 4 November 2021
Renpower Africa Storage 2021 – Towards a greener economy enabled by Renewables + Storage
To achieve the goal of “carbon neutrality” and push the green agenda for governments and industries, Energy Storage is an important foundation and key technology for building a new energy system with renewables as the main resource. According to BloombergNEF, energy storage projects that provide transmission and distribution services will amount to a $277 billion market between 2020 and 2050.
Renewables + Storage: it is expected that the Battery-Energy Storage Technologies (BEST) will further spur the market for renewable energy as grid-connected energy storage will be deployed. In Senegal, the region’s first and large utility-scale application of battery storage is slated to be integrated to a wind farm to deploy around 60 MW hours of battery storage capacity. In the same region, the World Bank Group has provided $465 Million to expand energy access and renewable energy integration in West Africa, including battery-energy storage technologies.
South Africa aims for 20 percent of renewable energy in its mix by 2030, making officials include technical standards for integrating battery energy storage in the electrical grid and tendering for more than 1GWh of energy storage to make renewable energy projects dispatchable.
In addition, Battery-Energy Storage Technologies (BEST) can mitigate grid congestion and defer the need for new power lines in off-grid sites.
As an effective solution for long-term energy storage, Green Hydrogen will become more acute as renewables become the primary source of power. Hydrogen storage is a key enabling technology in applications including stationary power, portable power, and transportation. In this edition of Renpower Storage Africa, the potential of Green Hydrogen in the region will also be addressed as leading nations like Namibia, South Africa and Morocco are preparing to become green hydrogen hubs in the continent.
JOIN US TO DISCUSS
- Deployment of energy storage in Africa – the missing link in the energy transition
- Increasing renewable energy penetration through energy storage innovative solutions
- Renewable hydrogen – untapping the potential in Africa
- Energy access – decarbonizing non-interconnected areas with centralized solutions and renewable mini-grids with storage
- Bankability and financing structures available for energy storage project success
All these questions, challenges and further prospects will be discussed in-depth during presentations and moderated panel discussions. Furthermore, there will be live Q&A and direct networking available for all the attendees being linked to the conference platform.
Not just a webinar – a full event experience!
• 5 Panel Sessions in two days of online streaming – 7+ hours of valuable content;
• 25+ expert leaders to learn about Energy Storage Systems + Renewable Energy in continental Africa;
• Participate to the live Q&A and also access the on-demand recording of the event to view the presentations and panel discussions later on;
• Access our platforms to network with attendees for up to 5 weeks after the event (create your profile, schedule meetings, messaging and more);
• Connect from anywhere in the world & share business opportunities!
Wednesday, 3 November 2021
13:00 – 16:30 (Local Time in South Africa)
Thursday, 4 November 2021
13:00 – 17:00 (Local Time in South Africa)
Place: Virtual Platform (Online)
1 delegate – Early Bird Rate: EUR 299 / Standard Rate: EUR 399
2 delegates – Early Bird Rate: EUR 349 / Standard Rate: EUR 449
3 delegates – Early Bird Rate: EUR 449 / Standard Rate: EUR 549
*Early bird rate valid until 15 October of before.
**Payment instructions will be given following your registration.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
+1 407 227 3831