Online Live Event – 09 & 10 June 2021
Renpower Senegal & Ivory Coast Investors 2021
The RENPOWER SENEGAL & IVORY COAST – investors 2021 has been designed to facilitate the dialogue among a wide cross-section of energy sector stakeholders – local and regional policymakers, private sector representatives and international experts – gathered to move forward with the resolution of adopting renewable energy to address key challenges such as energy security, energy sustainability and a resilient power infrastructure.
Senegal’s and Ivory Coast’s energy policies are focused on the expansion of generation capacity. The need to fulfill rising demand is driving diversification of the energy mix, which is evidenced by their respective target of generating a significant part of their electricity needs from renewables in the next decade.
Ivory Coast has made rapid progress in electrification. The share of renewable energies in the production mix is expected to rise to 42% and the grid to cover 99% of the population by 2035. Ivory Coast’s installed generation capacity of 2200 MW remains the third largest in West Africa after Nigeria and Ghana. The early development of its electricity generation infrastructure has allowed the country to become an electricity exporter to its neighbors. The decision to privatize a portion of its electricity sector has paved the way for one of Africa’s most robust energy systems that continues to expand and innovate with clean energy solutions.
Under its Gas to Power Strategy, Senegal is giving a prominent place to natural gas and to power industries in its energy mix. It is also giving a strong signal for a truly diversified and sustainable energy transition in the years to come, with clear legislation and roadmaps developed for all major sources of clean energy such as renewables and natural gas. The Senegalese government is targeting to reach universal access to electricity by 2025. This is expected to be achieved by expanding the existing power grid and adding around 180 MW of off-grid generation capacity. Around 88% of the interested remote villages will be electrified through the grid expansion.
JOIN US TO DISCUSS
- Growth trajectory towards transition to cleaner energy – From ambition to core actions Senegal’s and Ivory Coast’s potential in commercial and industrial solar
- Electrification process – Opening up new markets for clean energy production and distribution
- Roadmap for universal electrification – Decentralized power, off-grid and smart energy solutions
- Financing energy transition and transformational progress of the electricity sector in Senegal and Ivory Coast
All these questions, challenges and further prospects will be discussed in-depth during presentations and moderated panel discussions. Furthermore, there will be live Q&A and direct networking available for all the attendees being linked to the conference platform.
Not just a webinar – a full event experience!
• 4 Panel Sessions in two days of online streaming – 7+ hours of valuable content;
• 20+ expert speakers to learn about renewable energy developments in Senegal and Ivory Coast;
• Participate to the live Q&A and also access the on-demand recording of the event to view the presentations and panel discussions later on;
• Access our platforms to network with attendees for up to 5 weeks after the event (create your profile, schedule meetings, messaging and more);
• Connect from anywhere in the world & share business opportunities!
Wednesday, 09 June 2021
13:00 – 17:00 (Local Time in Dakar/Abidjan)
Thursday, 10 June 2021
13:00 – 16:30 (Local Time in Dakar/Abidjan)
Place: Virtual Platform (Online)
1 delegate – Early bird: EUR 235
2 delegates – Early bird: EUR 295
3 delegates – Early bird: EUR 395
**Payment instructions will be given following your registration.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
+32 2 662 16 12