Tunis – 14 & 15 December 2022
Renpower Maghreb – the 7th annual edition
From solar-home systems to large mining applications, the 7th RENPOWER MAGHREB will show you around into the current developments and prospects of all relevant areas of clean energy transition in the region. This major annual energy calendar event returns in-person after two years of on-line format.
Maghreb countries are continuing their move towards a competitive regional electricity market from renewables. The evolving supply-demand dynamics is driving even further the Maghreb energy market, enhanced by the new technology available. Furthermore, clean energy transition can provide opportunities for a robust economic growth, job creation, sustainable energy generation and energy security in the region.
Similar to off-grid systems implemented in other African countries, Maghreb region can also take advantage of decentralized power solutions, avoiding unreliable infrastructure and higher connection costs. Standalone solar and energy storage are and will keep playing a key role in that respect.
As a consequence of the war in Ukraine, the scaling up of energy transition in Maghreb countries will become a leading channel contributing to the EU’s challenging goal of climate neutrality by 2050. Promoting green hydrogen and exporting it to Europe is thus more than ever on the agenda.
New projects and developments will require partnerships, local content, investment and latest technology – backed up by adequate long term financing sources. Be part of the conversation for this edition, designed to welcome the entire value chain – from policy makers to project developers, technology, and solutions providers. Featuring 30+ speakers and experts, the program is spread over 6 main sessions:
- Insight into Maghreb’s vibrant clean power market: ongoing developments and plans ahead by 2030
- Green electricity from solar & wind power – successful tendering process, lowest generation cost, energy mix optimization
- Next frontier in innovative technology across the region – energy storage solutions, energy efficiency, C&I
- Delivering a lower carbon future – Maghreb countries to ramp up green hydrogen production
- Fast-tracking rural electrification – towards a steady growth for the Maghreb off-grid sector
- Investing and financing – leveraging sources and access to capital to back projects delivery over the next decade
Attending: Key stakeholders including representatives from the government, International Finance Institutions (IFIs), policy makers, international and local developers, EPC contractors, independent power producers, engineering, legal and advisory services, manufacturers, banking and private equity entities.
Agenda and registration – The detailed agenda, speaker line-up and registration form will be available upon your written inquiry. Early bird conditions are currently applied so make sure to take advantage.
For more information, please contact:
+32 2 662 16 12